Monday, January 2, 2012

Meet Lucinda Orozco Murphy


I am one of ten children born in Somerville, Texas to Margarito and Lucinda Reyes Orozco. Two of my siblings have died. My paternal grandparents were Arcadio and Isaac (Velásquez) Orozco. Arcadio was one of the seven children of Alejo and Mercedes Orozco, along with Hilario, Sotero, Torso, Gabino, Antonia and Ricarda. My maternal grandparents were Miguel and Refugia (Hernández) Reyes. My husband is John and our sons are Camilo, a college freshman, and Andrés, a senior in high school. We moved from Chicago to San Antonio in 2006.
I am currently involved in Estate Sales and am the Coordinator of the Catholic liturgy in Spanish at our parish, St. Padre Pio. I love music and for fun play guitar and take piano lessons weekly. I am a Flaco Jimenez fan and a fan of conjunto accordion music, along with my husband.
In 1991 I founded the Orozco Family Reunion and have worked on all of them to this day. I am very passionate about our reunion and our heritage and most especially about preserving our Spanish language with all of its beauty.
It is my hope that you will make plans to attend the reunion this year and please accept this as a personal invitation to you to join us at the Orozco Reunion July 7,2012 in Somerville. Please spread the word. We are working to make it a memorable day for you. Es de suma importancia saber quiénes somos como pueblo colmados de una cultura muy colorida y vibrante.
Abrazos.

1 comment:

  1. Hello lucinda my name by birth is Pauline lucy Hernandez my father is Lucio Hernandez Jr from Houston just learned of his passing in Feb. Got this name of condolences.i really I'm looking for closure.want to know what happened to my Dad. can't seem to find Frances for answers.so if you are related to Lucio can you help me?

    ReplyDelete