Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Dr. Ric Montelongo to run in the Chevron Houston Marathon

Dear Familia,
On January 17, 2010, I will run the Chevron Houston Marathon. I will be running in honor of my Dad, the late Thomas "Jimmy" Montelongo. My "Run for a Reason" charity for the race is CanCare of Houston.I have set a goal to raise $2,000.00 for CanCare of Houston and I now ask your help in raising the money for this worthy cause.I hope you will sponsor my efforts, so together, we can make a difference in fighting cancer and supporting families dealing with cancer. Please consider a donation of $35 or $70, $100 or more. Your donation is tax-deductible and will make a tremendous impact.Please visit the link below to donate to this cause. In the "Search for a Fundraiser" box on the right, type "Ricardo Montelongo"
:http://www.chevronhoustonmarathon.com/RunForAReason/index.cfm Every donation - large or small - brings me one step closer to reaching my goals.Of course, I didn't reach everyone, so feel free to pass this along to others I may have missed.Also, if you will be in the Houston area on January 17th or would like to see me run the race, Angie and I will be planning a gathering at a spot by the University of St. Thomas for family and friends to see the race and to cheer me on at that location (mile 8 or so). UST (where Angie works) is a great location to see the runners. Most importantly, this will be a nice place for family to remember my Dad in a FUN way. More details coming here and on my Facebook page. Let us know if you'll join us. Follow my marathon training at: http://montelongorunner.blogspot.com/
Thanks and Gig 'Em!- Ricardo Montelongo (Dr. Ric)
Chevron Houston Marathon - Charity Profiles
Source: www.ChevronHoustonMa...

For the past eight years, I've been running in memory of my Dad, Thomas Montelongo, Sr. My Dad fought a courageous battle against stomach cancer, which took him in 2003. In honor of his fight and others ...

No comments:

Post a Comment