Sunday, March 29, 2009

2009 Orozco Reunion Chairperson

Words from Lucinda Orozco Murphy:

I would like to introduce to you the person who will be chairing/facilitating the day for the Orozco Reunion Round-up with Jesse Alvarez. She is Minerva Garcia from Waukegan, Illinois. At the last reunion she volunteered to do this as her family has come to past reunions. A group of us in Texas have been working at making sure that everything is in place and are ready for the big day. Hope you enjoy reading about her.

"Hello, my name is Minerva Garcia and I was born in Mexico City, Mexico on July 9, 1976.
I am from the Gavino family branch. My parents are Silvia Galvan Orozco de Vilchiz and Edilberto Vilchiz. My grandmother – Herlinda Orozco de Galvan, daughter of Paula Rodriguez de Orozco and Alberto Orozco. Albert Orozco is the son of Cupertino Orozco and Juana Vega
Cupertino son of Gavino Orozco.

My husband's name is Joe Garcia and we have 3 children: Nicholas-13, Enrique(Ricky)-7, and Michael -5.

I have 5 siblings: Zoraida Botero, Mirtha Magee, Antioco Vilchiz, Silvia Rea and Edilberto Vilchiz Jr.

Our family has 2 pets: Victoria a bunny and Daisy a toy poodle they are my only daughters.
I enjoy having fun with my family and taking as many vacations as possible.
Currently, I am attending Robert Morris College in Illinois to get my bachelors in Computer Science.

I have worked for the Waukegan Public Schools for the past 6 years.

I would like to see as many family members attend this years' reunion and have as much fun as possible at the reunion."

I'll see you at the family reunion!

Minerva Garcia

No comments:

Post a Comment