Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Chevron Houston Half-Marathon (13.1 miles)


Howdy. I hope you don’t mind me using this distribution list but I would like to let you all know that on Sunday, January 18th, I will be running the Chevron Houston Half-Marathon (13.1 miles). I will be participating in the “Run for A Reason” charity program that is connected to the race. I will be running for CanCare of Houston, an interfaith cancer support network. I’m running in memory of my dad, Thomas Montelongo, who fought stomach cancer. I would appreciate any support for my cause. Any amount is appreciated! You can find my fundraising page at the following to learn more:

http://www.active.com/donate/cancare2009/ricmontelongo

My goal is to raise $1,000 (with the Orozco clan, that should be easy! J )

If you are in the Houston area on Jan. 18th, I would love to see your support in person at the race! My wife Angie can help us get a prime viewing spot at the halfway point, which is at the University of St. Thomas, where she works. If you haven’t seen a race, it is fun and exciting. You are sure to see me! Let us know if you can.

Thanks and hope you all have a great holiday!

Ric
--------------------------------------------------------
Ricardo Montelongo, Ph.D.
Director, Academic Enhancement
Texas A&M University at Galveston
Ph: (409) 741-4343
Fax: (409) 741-4344
http://www.tamug.edu/acen/

1 comment:

  1. Ric was our organizer for the 2006 Orozco 5K. His picture is on this blog page. (He's the one with the book in his hand.)

    ReplyDelete